What we want to achieve
Opening our data to the worldwide community is one of our goals. We want to use the hackathons to encourage the community to collaborate with us.
Identify track geometry faults
- Can you identify reasons for the occurance of track geometry faults by the provided data?
- Can you find models that explain the occurance of track geometry faults? How do these models look like?
Models about track geometry faults
- Can you detect developments of track geometry faults?
- Can you find models that predict the occurance of track geometry faults?
- How do the models and the cause-and-effect chains look like?
Prognostics and new applications
- Can you forecast track geometry faults before they arise?
- Surprise us with new analysis that we did not know before.
- Develop an app or do other fancy things with the provided data.
What we offer
The Infrastructrue 4.0 team from DB Netz carries out the second DB Hackathon with support of DB Systel. All is about data from our rail infrastructure. We focus on the analysis and prediction of track geometry faults. This measure is based upon the incidence of discrete faults identified against four principal parameters of top (relative vertical position), alignment (relative horizontal position), gauge (the distance between the rails) and twist (relative vertical position across the opposite corners of a three metre bogie or vehicle).
Data from SAP R3 Netze, IIS and STREDA will be provided, e.g.: master data of our infrastructure, malfunction messages, inspection orders and maintenance orders, track geometry faults. Data is provided in CSV- and sqlite-format.
|03:00 pm||Presentation of Team Results|
|04:30 pm||Award Ceremony|
After 24 hours and a lot of drings that have caffeine all participating teams will present their results. A jury from Deutsche Bahn experts will choses the winners. The first winner of #dbhackathon will get the chance to pitch in front of a DB top-management group and get the chance to realize its approach. The other winners will receive non-cash prizes.