What we want to achieve
Opening our data to the worldwide community is one of our goals for the future. We want to use this Hackday to encourage the community to collaborate with us. To gain an inside view of our data visit our open data portal data.deutschebahn.com.
Discover our data portal
- get to know data.deutschebahn.com that also gives external hackers access to selected data sets
- validate our data & formats and give us feedback
- find out more about special sets of data selected for this hackathon
Build and test projects
- create your own projects with our data
- combine sensors and software
- use the data any way you want to and test or create your own applications
Join our community
- meet inspiring people from the DB Meet and experts from the open data world
- be the first to know about the next steps around #dbopendata and learn about the showcases of your collegues
- present your projects and get feedback and help
Find a platform to learn about DB activities in the field of open data, exchange with your collegues and start new joint projects to digitalize DB.
Friday, 18:00 - 20:00 Open Sessions
The sessions will offer a 30-minute-exchange on concepts and subjects; the topics are related to the ideas of the on-site teams.
- "Insights in the development of the "touch-timetable" of Ubique - from scratch to licening for railway companies (Ubique)
- DB Open Api-Portal
Coworing is central - choose your team and work together with collegues having different levels of experience . Everybody who wants to support DB by the usage of data is welcome.
Win prizes for your functional apps/prototypes using the data from the DB APIs. Linked with data from the DB Open-Data-Portal or from other sources.
Mentors from Deutsche Bahn, relayr, Tableau, Amazon Alexa, OpenStreetMap, Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland and more will be there to support you during the Hackathon.
Alexander helps you to see and understand your data using Tableau! @xlth #DataScientist #DigitalStrategy #Analytics
SA/Evangelist Amazon Alexa
Open Knowledge Foundation
business model, funding & outreach #opendata, #economics, #netactivst
DB Station&Service AG
IT- and technology management, data of the DB stations and LoRa #DeutscheBahn #trainstation #LoRa
From Open-Data to app development / cooperation with railway companies / company establishment #app, #ux, #entrepreneur
Interests: #beacon, #gamification, #strategy #opendataevangelist #innovation #crazy Interests: #beacon, #gamification, #strategy
Locations and Schedule
6th DB Hackathon: Open Data
Fri 16.12.2016 4.00 pm (doors) / 5.00 pm (start) / 8.00 pm (hack night)&
Sat 17.12.2016 8.00 am (doors) 10.00 am (start)
DB mindbox, S-/U-Bahnhof Jannowitzbrücke