The big data lake of DB
What we want to achieve
Digitalization is important for the DB and all it´s parts and divisions. We at DB have a lot of chances that come along with digitalization and agile working methods to influence the future of mobility and logisitcs. Data plays a major role: big data.
The hackathon supports networking and cooperation of all staff members within DB to find data driven solutions. Teams do jointly develop data based prototypes such as analysis, visualizations, applications with data from the DB Open-Data-Portal, DB internal databox and other data sources provided for this hackathon.
Discover our data portal
- get to know data.deutschebahn.com that also gives external hackers access to selected data sets
- learn about the internal databox (BKU intern)
- find out more about special sets of data selected for this hackathon
Build and test projects
- analyse the data and find out new things we did not know about before
- visualize data and make it easyer to analyse
- use the data any way you want to and test or create your own applications
Join our community
- meet inspiring people from the DB
- learn about the showcases of your collegues
- present your projects and get feedback and help
Find a platform to learn about DB activities in the field of open data, exchange with your collegues and start new joint projects to digitalize DB.
Friday, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm Open Sessions
The sessions will offer a 30-minute-exchange on concepts and subjects; the topics are related to the ideas of the on-site teams.
Coworing is central - choose your team and work together with collegues having different levels of experience. Everybody who wants to support DB by the usage of data is welcome.
Challenges & Prizes
Beside the free to choose topics we will offer special challenges. These challenges will be published and send to the participants that registered so they can prepare themselves. Corresponding data will be provided by DB Fuhrpark, DB Dialog, DB Station&Service, DB Cargo, DB Fahrzeuginstandhaltung.
The DB board will choose the three most promising projects, reward the teams and support them realizing it within DB. Projects that probably will have a high benefit for our customers will have the good chance for success.
DB Open Data
Locations and Schedule
5th DB Hackathon: The internal hackathon
Friday, 2016 September 9th: 4.00 pm start, 7.30 pm night hack - Saturday, September 10th: 8.00 am breakfast, 4.00 pm presentation of projects, 6.00 pm end
mindbox, S-/U-Bahnhof Jannowitzbrücke
60329 Frankfurt am Main
Both locations will be connected (video).