What we want to achieve
Opening our data to the worldwide community is one of our goals for the future. We want to use this Hackday to encourage the community to collaborate with us. To gain an inside view of our data visit our open data portal data.deutschebahn.com.
Discover our data portal
- Our open data portal data.deutschebahn.com gives you access to select data sets
- Help us validate our data and give us feedback
Build and test projects
- Use the data any way you want to and test or create your own applications
- Find out more about the first projects, such as BahnRoulette
Join our community
- Meet inspiring people from the DB and the Open Data World
- Be the first to know about the next steps surrounding #dbopendata
- Showcase your projects and your skills
To explore our data in a more hands-on way, our published data includes information on Jannowitzbrücke, the location of the hackathon.
- Train station clocks
- Sensors/Hardware BOSCH XDK's, relayr workshop kits, raspberry Pi's and more
- relayr Cloud, SDK's and API's -http://docs.relayr.io/software/
- relayr Proto IoT App -http://blog.relayr.io/engineering/iot-smartphone-guide
- LoRa hardware
- Steinel presence detection and lightning controls -http://www.steinel.de
- Installed iBeacon technology
- OpenStreetMap mapping of hallways, stairs, lifts, toilets and doors
- Datasets and APIs via data.deutschebahn.com
- and more:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c1c-xXejcv-dWwAU2zjMywwJZvc1VWp-RnIEVyCAnJ4/edit
Friday, 19:00 - 21:00 Open Sessions
The sessions will offer a 30-minute-exchange on concepts and subjects; the topics are related to the ideas of the on-site teams.
- Status, feedback, outlook for DB Open Data Portal/portal for developers and rising the quality of data (Slides Input: Dataquality)
- Station Live APP - Station-API - plan of the formation of coaching stock (plan / actual)
- Station clocks and ADAM
- data from DB Fuhrpark (Slides Input: Call-a-Bike/Flinkster-Data)
- OpenStreetMap and its usage at DB
- OKF lesson on data: Session "Visualization"
- LoRa and Relayr Hardware
- Steinel Sensors (Slides Input: Steinel) and Kärcher Cloud
- Lightning-Session, topics:
- What is Teroplan.de and it's features
- Innovative search engine as a reason for raw timetable data
- Practical use of self hosted OpenStreetMap system
- Walking navigation in android application using BVG timetable data.
Mentors from Deutsche Bahn, relayr, OpenStreetMap, Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland, Steinel, hardware.co, Fablab Berlin and more will be there to support you during the Hackday.
Win prizes for your functional apps/prototypes using the data from the DB APIs. Linked with data from the DB Open-Data-Portal or from other sources.
Win prizes for your functional apps/prototypes connected with our train station clock.
relayr special prize: Use your phone as a sensor kit and hack the train station clock!
relayr Android app proto IoT enables you to transform your phone in a sensor kit and use it to publish data, add interactions and rules on the top of your sensors as well trigger actions on separate devices through your mobile app. We want to challenge you to use your phone and integrate the clock with our Cloud!
Location and Schedule
4th DB Hackathon: The Hackday
2016 June, 17th: 4 pm (doors) / 5:30 pm (start) - 2016 June, 18th 6 pm (end)
mindbox, S-/U-Bahnhof Jannowitzbrücke
Results of the Hackday
Contest after the 4th. Hackathon: DB-Open-Data-Hardware-Hacks
Show us what you can do with DB Open Data and hardware! We will reward the three best performing prototypes/applications. Each winning project will get a three-month valid ProbeBahnCard 100 (*).
With data.deutschebahn.com we have taken the first steps towards Open Data – to bring the principle of Open even further, we will give out additional prizes for the winning applications that are themselves open source, make open data available, visualize data with OpenStreetMap or make Open Data applications easier.
The competition runs four weeks from 18/06/2016 to 18/07/2016. Our jury will select the winning projects by the end of July.
(* Winning projects will get 5 travel vouchers, each worth 250 Euro, for the equivalent of a Probe BahnCard 100 2nd class, alternatively redeemable for several single tickets. No cash alternative. Subscription won't be automatically extended.)
Conditions of Participation, Prizes, Jury
- Code & Design: We want code and designs under free licenses, but this is not a requirement for participation in the competition (except for the OPEN Prize).
- Data: Under CC0 (or CCBY4.0 or CCBYSA4.0).
- Documentation: Publicly available and fully usable by us.
- Note: Ideas are not exclusive, but in terms of Open Innovation, we want through public competitions stimulate the further development of ideas.
- Precondition: Award winners will allow Deutsche Bahn the non-exclusive use of the ideas.
Closing date: Monday, July 18th 2016 - The decision is final.